As Mahambi Market is a marketplace, all refunds should be arranged between you and the seller prior to shipping.
Private sellers are not required by law to offer refunds, so before buying an item it’s important to check the Seller’s return policy. This will be shown on their vendor bios, or you can simply contact the vendor using our chatbot.
Contact the seller first to explain the situation and ask them for a refund.
If you agree on a return, make sure you ship your item using only a tracked, signed for method back to our warehouse address. This will be provided to you once your refunds/returns request has been received and approved by us.
If the item has arrived and it’s not as described you can open a dispute with the seller via the message vendor button on their profile.
If the seller did not send your item, or it is not as described, there are steps you can follow to claim a refund. You can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your claim. We will investigate any reports and mediate between you and the seller to come to a satisfactory resolution.
If we decide that your item is significantly not as described, or you were involved with a scam, then we will where possible facilitate a return in exchange for a refund.
- We’ve let your seller know that you bought something, both through their vendor dashboard on the website, and via email, and we will send them the delivery address and method you chose
- Feel free to send your seller a friendly message asking when you should expect it, we allow 7 days for shipping but most sellers ship on the same day
- Don’t forget to leave your seller friendly, fair, and honest feedback by going to their vendor profile and leaving a review with a rating of your experience.
Find an item on our search page, or the homepage which features selected items
- Tap on the Add to Cart button. You can add multiple items from multiple vendors to your checkout page.
- You must log into your Mahambi Market account
- Confirm your shipping address and choose how you’d like to receive the delivery (either from our rider or you can arrange for your own for collection)
- Choose to purchase with M-Pesa or use a Debit/Credit card through our trusted payments solution platform- Flutterwave.
In order to be covered by Buyer Protection you must pay on the Mahambi Market website, using our checkout and report any issues to us within 180 days.
All purchases made on the website are covered by Buyer Protection and you’ll receive a full refund if your item doesn’t arrive or if it’s significantly not as described.
The following aren’t covered by Buyer Protection:
- Purchases made without using the Mahmabi Market checkout
- Meet in person transactions with someone you’ve found on our platform
- Non-material goods, such as event tickets