WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our website or register an account, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. We monitor visitors on our websites and mobile apps and may use this data to improve our website performance and your experience with personalised content, promotions and campaigns, both on the website and through triggered email, SMS and direct mail (but only where you have agreed to these channels).
We collect information about your IP address which may be used to detect the organisation or ISP connecting to the site and an approximate geographic location. If you are a customer or known contact you may be identified as having visited the site by virtue of either clicking through on emails, logging in or registering to use the website.
EMAIL MARKETING: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. Permission for email marketing is granted after a customer opts in to receive these. The information kept for the purpose of email marketing includes name, last name, and email address as informed by the customer.
The information collected for the purpose of email marketing will not be used for any other purpose other than sharing the latest news about sales, new arrivals, and other information about our store/website that may be of relevance to our customers. We do not share your newsletter or email information with other parties that are not involved in facilitating the delivery of the email and newsletter itself.
CONSENT & ORDER PROCESSING
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for the specific reason of the purchase of a product or service offered by Mahambi. Please note that it is not possible to place an order with us if you do not disclose valid and trustworthy information about billing and shipping details.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like Newsletter marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Mahambi does not send unsolicited email marketing and, if you feel you are no longer interested in receiving news from us, you will be offered an easy way to unsubscribe from our mailing list at the bottom of every communication (“unsubscribe”).
Mahambi does not collect sensitive data (“special categories of personal data”) about customers and will not request you to disclose any information that is not strictly necessary for placing an order with us or improving our services through cookies.
HOW DO I WITHDRAW MY CONSENT?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at info@Mahambi.com. For email Marketing unsubscribe links will be provided at the bottom of all emails.
Account pages are only used to manage and view your orders. To unsubscribe from the mailing list, follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all Marketing emails.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependants to use this site.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS WHEN USING TECHNOLOGIES LIKE COOKIES AND PIXELS
We and service providers acting on our behalf store log files and use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels, and local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, to collect information relating to you and your use of the Service.
“Cookies” are small files that enable us to store and collect specific information related to you and your use of the Service on your computer or other end devices. They help us to analyze the number of people who use the Service, usage frequency, User behavior and advertising effectiveness, to increase security and to tailor our Service and advertisements to your needs and preferences.
- This website uses so-called “session cookies” which after your session on the website session ends, will automatically be deleted.
- This website also uses “persistent cookies” to record information about repeat Users of the Service. Persistent cookies are designed to help us continually improve the products and services we offer you and to ensure the quality of our services. “Persistent cookies” remain for a certain pre-defined period of time and are recognized by us when you return to the Service (or one of our partner sites).
- You can edit the settings of your browser to prevent cookies from being stored, to limit the storage of cookies to certain websites, or such that your browser informs you every time a cookie is sent. You can also delete cookies at any time. However, please note that if cookies are deactivated you will not be able to take advantage of some of Mahambi’s features. For specific help on how to delete Cookies with the help of your browser, please consult respective help sections, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
- Cookie table for Mahambi
THIRD PARTY SERVICES FOR ANALYTICS, MEASUREMENT AND AD DELIVERY
- Google Services
In addition, each of the following services is provided by Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
You can opt out from the following Google services using this link:
- Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows us to manage website tags through one interface. The Tag Manager itself is a cookie-less domain and does not collect personal data. The tool triggers other tags that may collect personal data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
- We use Google DV 360, including the tool “Display & Video” to be able to recognize you on third-party websites. For this purpose, the Google Display & Video 360 will place cookies on your device which will enable recognition of you in the Google advertising network. We are subsequently able to present you advertisements on the basis of your surfing behavior on third-party platforms. This service also enables us to evaluate delivered advertisements and optimize them.
- If you are a Californian resident, please click here to limit Google’s ability to use your personal data for the serving of personalized ads.
RECIPIENTS AND SAFEGUARDS
Mahambi does not sell any of your personal data.
The personal data that Mahambi collects from you and that you provide to Mahambi is processed in Kenya and stored on servers in America.
Some of your personal data is accessible to other Users of our platform who may, for example, visit your publication pages or profile.
We may also disclose personal data in response to legal process or when the law requires it (for example, in response to a court order) or, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mahambi, the Service, Users of the Service (including you), and others.
We may use third party service providers, in particular for technical and business services, tax advisors and legal counsel. These service providers receive personal data solely for the performance of their services for us on our behalf. They are contractually obliged not to use personal data for other purposes.
Some of the third parties with whom your personal data will be shared are located outside of the Kenya, in countries whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as those which apply to us.
If we transfer your personal data to countries outside of Kenya or which do not offer adequate and similar protection, we will ensure that we do this in accordance with applicable data protection regulations.
We will do this with a view to ensuring that the level of protection applied to the processing of your personal data in these countries is similar to that applied within the European Economic Area.
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
For Members, we generally store their personal data as long as their account is active.
If you have created an account, you can close it yourself in your ‘Account Settings’. If you request that we close your account for you, we might ask for proof of identity before doing so.
We may also close inactive accounts or accounts that are used in violation of our Terms & Conditions or any applicable law.
Immediately after closing an account, it will not be accessible/visible anymore. Please note that closing an account is irreversible.
For Members, we will retain personal data from closed or inactive accounts to the extent and as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations and/or to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms & Condition and/or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
In general, personal data from closed or inactive accounts will be deleted or anonymised from our system backups one year after the account is closed or deactivated.
We only keep personal data for the time strictly necessary in order to enable the use of our Service and/or to fulfil the purposes identified above, and/or to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations. In all other cases, we delete your personal data with the exception of such data that we are required to retain for the purpose of contractual or statutory (e.g., taxation or commercial law) retention periods. In particular, we keep payment and invoice related information or support inquiries to the extent required by trade and tax law for the statutory retention periods (ten, respectively six years).
We do not engage in automated individual decision-making, including profiling.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
In addition to your rights to withdraw any consent you may have granted or exercise any opt out option we provide, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- Right of access by the data subject. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of processing, categories of personal data, categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, planned storage period, and origin of your data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Right to correct inaccurate personal data or complete incomplete data.
- Right to obtain deletion of your personal data stored with us, subject to legal or contractual retention periods or other legal obligations or rights which must be observed.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data in the event that: you contest the accuracy of the data; the processing is unlawful but you oppose its deletion; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but you need it for your assertion; it may be relevant to the exercise or defence of legal claims; or you have lodged an objection to the processing.
- Right to data portability, to receive the stored personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or request the transfer of this data to another responsible party.
- Right to lodge a complaint with your competent supervisory authority. Your competent authority is the authority at your usual place of residence or the authority competent for us.
You have the right to object to all types of processing, based on grounds relating to your particular situation. To the extent we process your personal data pursuant for direct marketing purposes, you can object to such processing at any time without giving a particular reason.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us on info@Mahambi.com